Fripp & Eno is an ambient musical project formed by Brian Eno (Roxy Music) and Robert Fripp (King Crimson). The duo has released four albums. The album is also a Headcandy their collaborations though Eno is the only artist credited.
ROBERT FRIPP & BRIAN ENO
Live In Paris 28.05.1975 (3CD)
1. Water On Water
2. A Radical Representative Of Pinsnip
3. Swastika Girls
4. Wind On Wind
1. Wind On Water
2. A Near Find In Rip Pop
3. A Fearful Proper Din
4. A Darn Psi Inferno
5. Evening Star
6. An Iron Frappe
7. Softy Gun Poison
8. An Index Of Metals
1. Test Loop I
2. Test Loop II
3. Loop Only: A Radical Representative Of Pinsnip
4. Loop Only: Wind On Water
5. Loop Only: A Darn Psi Inferno
6. Loop Only: Softy Gun Poison
7. Loop Only: Wind On Water Reversed
The subject of many poor quality bootlegs, this concert - one of only a handful undertaken by Fripp & Eno - is routinely described as ‘legendary’.
Hearing the tapes in fully restored audio quality, it's easy to understand why it attracts such reverence now and perhaps, why the shows attracted such hostility then. No Roxy Music hits, No King Crimson riffs, just a duo sitting in near darkness with a reel to reel tape recorder, improvising over the pre-recorded loops with a filmed background projection. Replace the reel to reel machine with a couple of laptops/iPads/sequencers and the core of much current live performance from electronica to hip-hop was there some thirty years in advance. At the time, audiences responded to such a glimpse of the future with booing, walkouts and general confusion.
Thanks to the discovery and restoration of the original backing tapes, it was possible - with much painstaking restoration work by Alex Mundy at DGM - to isolate, de-noise and match the live elements from the performance tapes to the studio loops to produce the final recording.
* CDs 1 & 2 feature the complete concert with full audio restoration synched with the original studio backing loops as used in the performance.
* CD3 features the backing loops without overdubs.
* CD3 also features the reversed loop for ˜Wind on Water as used on the Evening Star album.
* CD3 also features Later On, edited from No Pussyfooting & originally the b side of Eno's first solo single Seven Deadly Finns.