1. Come On - Saturday Club, 26 October 1963
2. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Saturday Club, 18 September 1965
3. Roll Over Beethoven - Saturday Club, 26 October 1963
4. The Spider And The Fly - Yeah Yeah, 30 August 1965
5. Cops And Robbers - Blues in Rhythm, 9 May 1964
6. It's All Over Now - The Joe Loss Pop Show, 17 July 1964
7. Route 66 - Blues in Rhythm, 9 May 1964
8. Memphis, Tennessee - Saturday Club, 26 October 1963
9. Down The Road Apiece - Top Gear, 6 March 1965
10. The Last Time - Top Gear, 6 March 1965
11. Cry To Me - Saturday Club, 18 September 1965
12. Mercy, Mercy - Yeah Yeah, 30 August 1965
13. Oh! Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin') - Saturday Club, 18 September 1965
14. Around And Around - Top Gear, 23 July 1964
15. Hi Heel Sneakers - Saturday Club, 18 April 1964
16. Fannie Mae - Saturday Club, 18 September 1965
17. You Better Move On - Blues in Rhythm, 9 May 1964
18. Mona - Blues In Rhythm, 9 May 1964
[Deluxe Edition Bonus CD2]
1. I Wanna Be Your Man - Saturday Club, 8 February 1964
2. Carol - Saturday Club, 18 April 1964
3. I'm moving On - The Joe Loss Pop Show, 10 April 1964
4. If You Need Me - The Joe Loss Pop Show, 17 July 1964
5. Walking The Dog - Saturday Club, 8 February 1964
6. Confessin' The Blues - The Joe Loss Pop Show, 17 July 1964
7. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - Top Gear, 6 March 1965
8. Little By Little - The Joe Loss Pop Show, 10 April 1964
9. Ain't That Loving You Baby - Rhythm And Blues, 31 October 1964
10. Beautiful Delilah - Saturday Club, 18 April 1964
11. Crackin' Up - Top Gear, 23 July 1964
12. I Can't Be Satisfied - Top Gear, 23 July 1964
13. I Just Want to Make Love To You - Saturday Club, 18 April 1964
14. 2120 South Michigan Avenue - Rhythm and Blues, 31 October 1964
A collection capturing the formative years of the Rolling Stones as they've rarely been heard before. The Rolling Stones — On Air is a new compilation of radio recordings made by the group between 1963 and 1965 for BBC shows of the time such as Saturday Club, Top Gear, Rhythm and Blues and the Joe Loss Pop Show.
On Air will be available on CD, double CD deluxe edition and heavyweight vinyl. It follows the recent publication by Virgin Books of a book of the same name by author Richard Havers.
Eight tracks performed for the various shows were never recorded by the Stones for a commercial release; seven more made their debut on air before being released on albums or EPs. That underlines the fact that as their stature as major artists grew ever greater, the Stones were such frequent visitors to the BBC that they were constantly striving to perform a wide selection of material.
Highlights of the album include ‘Fannie Mae,' first recorded by blues artist Buster Brown in 1959, Tommy Tucker’s ‘Hi Heel Sneakers’ and Bo Diddley’s ‘Cops And Robbers.' There's also the chance to hear vibrantly live radio renditions of such early Jagger-Richards co-writes as ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,' ‘The Last Time’ and ‘The Spider And The Fly.'
More than 50 years after they were recorded, the tapes have been through an “audio source separation” process at Abbey Road Studios in London, to rebalance and remix the source material into a fuller sound.
|Genre :||British blues, British invasion|
|Décennie :||60's ROCK|
Il n'y a pas encore de commentaire sur ce produit.
Soyez le premier à donner votre avis !
Vous êtes un fan absolu de THE ROLLING STONES ? Vérifiez si vous possédez tous les albums.
Vous souhaitez simplement en découvrir un peu plus, la liste ci-dessous vous y aidera.